This policy has been designed to provide guidance to customers on the manner in which CMI Hino Adelaide receives and manages complaints.
The objectives of this policy are to ensure:
- Customers are aware of complaint lodgement and handling processes;
- Complaints are investigated impartially with a balanced view of all information or evidence;
- Complaints are considered on their merits taking into account individual circumstances and needs; and
Purpose & Core Values
The purpose of this Policy is to outline how CMI Hino Adelaide deal with customer complaints and feedback.
CMI Hino Adelaide seeks to maintain and enhance its reputation of providing customers with high quality products and services. CMI Hino Adelaide value complaints and feedback as they assist to improve products, services and customer service.
CMI Hino Adelaide are committed to being responsive to the needs and concerns of customers or potential customers and to resolving complaints as quickly as possible.
CMI Hino Adelaide are committed to being consistent, fair and impartial when handling complaints and will work to address each complaint with integrity and in an equitable, objective and unbiased manner.
This policy is guided by the following Core Values:
We will spare no effort to be recognised as a partner of the customer and exhibit Customer First attitudes at all times. We will go the extra mile to deliver our customers an outstanding level of service and respect the Hino Total Support principles.
Being open, honest and respectful of individuals in all our dealings and maintaining the highest integrity at all times. Leading by example and treating others the way we would like to be treated.
Always doing what we say we will and striving for excellence and quality in everything we do. By better understanding our customers’ needs and expectations and continuously working to innovate and improve the way we do things.
Providing support to one another, working co-operatively, respecting one another’s views, and making our work environment fun and enjoyable.
In this policy a complaint means an expression of dissatisfaction made to or about CMI Hino Adelaide by a customer (existing or potential) relating to products, services, staff or the handling of a complaint where a response or resolution is explicitly or implicitly expected or legally required.
A complaint covered by this policy can be distinguished from:
- responses to requests for feedback about the standard of our service provision;
- reports of problems or wrongdoing merely intended to bring a problem to our notice with no expectation of a response;
- service requests; and;
- requests for information.
Complaint management system
All policies, procedures, practices, staff, hardware and software used by us in the management of complaints.
Opinions, comments and expressions of interest or concern, made directly or indirectly, explicitly or implicitly, to or about us, about our products, services or complaint handling where a response is not explicitly or implicitly expected or legally required.
Who to contact
Customers who are dissatisfied with a product or service provided by CMI Hino Adelaide should in the first instance communicate directly with us in one of the following ways:
If customers are uncomfortable with speaking directly to CMI Hino Adelaide or consider the dealership to be unable or unwilling to address their concerns, they may lodge a complaint with Hino Motor Sales Australia directly in one of the following ways:
- By completing an enquiry form on the HMSA website.
- By telephoning the Hino Care Centre on 1300 01 HINO (4466).
- By writing to HMSA: Hino Motor Sales Australia Pty Ltd, Hino Care Centre, PO Box 225, Caringbah NSW 1495.
Once a complaint has been received, CMI Hino Adelaide will aim to reply to the customer within 48 hours to confirm receipt and to provide the customer with a complaints reference number.
CMI Hino Adelaide will assess and where required, investigate all complaints impartially and with a balanced view of all information or evidence provided to it. Complaints will be considered on a case by case basis, taking into account individual circumstances and needs.
After acknowledging receipt of the complaint, CMI Hino Adelaide will undertake an initial review of the complaint and confirm whether the issues raised in the complaint are within their control. CMI Hino Adelaide will also consider any outcomes sought by the person making a complaint and, where there is more than one issue raised, determine whether each issue needs to be separately addressed.
When determining how a complaint will be managed, CMI Hino Adelaide will consider:
- How serious, complicated or urgent the complaint is;
- Whether the complaint raises concerns about people’s health and safety;
- How the person making the complaint is being affected;
- The risks involved if resolution of the complaint is delayed; and;
- Whether a resolution requires the involvement of other organisations.
CMI Hino Adelaide will assess and prioritise complaints in accordance with the urgency and/or seriousness of the issues raised. If a matter concerns an immediate risk to safety the response will be immediate and will be escalated appropriately.
Where possible, complaints will be resolved at first contact with CMI Hino Adelaide with staff who are adequately equipped to respond to complaints, including being given appropriate authority, training and supervision.
Where initial resolution of a complaint is not possible,CMI Hino Adelaide may decide to escalate the complaint to a more senior member of staff within CMI Hino Adelaide. This second level of complaint handling will provide for the following internal mechanisms:
- assessment and possible investigation of the complaint and decision/s already made, if any, and/or;
- facilitated resolution (where a person not connected with the complaint reviews the matter and attempts to find an outcome acceptable to the relevant parties).
CMI Hino Adelaide is committed to resolving complaints at the first point of contact; however, this will not be possible in all circumstances.
Where a complaint is not able to be immediately resolved, CMI Hino Adelaide may need to undertake an investigation and where necessary, conduct its own examination of the Hino Products subject of the complaint.
At the completion of any such investigation the complainant will be promptly informed of the outcome and what decision has been made.
During the initial review or investigation stage CMI Hino Adelaide may need to seek further clarification or documentation from the customer to assist CMI Hino Adelaide in resolving the complaint. CMI Hino Adelaide may also need to undertake its own testing of Hino products. If CMI Hino Adelaide has sought clarification or additional documentation from the customer and is waiting on the customer to provide this information, CMI Hino Adelaide may not be able to resolve the complaint within 10 business days. Similarly, if CMI Hino Adelaide needs to conduct product testing it may not be able to resolve the complaint within 10 business days.
Communication, Resolution & Feedback
CMI Hino Adelaideis committed to managing expectations and will proactively keep customers informed about the progress of the complaint, any investigation and the resolution. Customers have the right to make enquiries about the current status of their complaint at any time by contacting 08 8243 8100.
CMI Hino Adelaide generally aims to resolve complaints within 10 working days. If it takes CMI Hino Adelaide longer than 10 working days to resolve a problem or if the complaint needs to be escalated internally or externally, then the customer will be informed of the reason for the delay and provided with an updated date when CMI Hino Adelaide is likely to be in a position to finalise the complaint.
CMI Hino Adelaide will advise the customer of the findings of the investigation and any action CMI Hino Adelaide may take to resolve the complaint. Once the outcome of any investigation has been communicated to the customer the complaint will usually be closed.
Conflicts of Interest
CMI Hino Adelaide will aim to ensure that the person handling a complaint is different from any staff member whose conduct or service is being complained about. Conflicts of interests, whether actual or perceived, will be managed responsibly. In particular, internal reviews of how a complaint was managed will be conducted by a person other than the original decision maker.
Managing unreasonable conduct
CMI Hino Adelaide is committed to being accessible and responsive to customers who approach us with feedback or complaints.
At the same time our success depends on:
- our ability to do our work and perform our functions in the most effective and efficient way possible;
- the health, safety and security of our staff; and;
- our ability to allocate our resources fairly across all the complaints we receive.
When people behave unreasonably in their dealings with us, their conduct can significantly affect the progress and efficiency of our work. As a result, CMI Hino Adelaide will take proactive and decisive action to manage any conduct that negatively and unreasonably affects us and will support our staff to do the same in accordance with this policy.
INFORMATION & RECORD KEEPING
Information Collected During Complaints Process
To help investigate a complaint quickly and efficiently CMI Hino Adelaide will ask for the following information:
- Customer name & contact information.
- The name of the person the customer has been dealing with.
- The nature of the complaint.
- Details of any steps the customer has already taken to resolve the complaint.
- Copies of any documentation to support the complaint, if relevant.
The record of the complaint will document:
the contact information of the person making a complaint;
issues raised by the person making a complaint and the outcome/s they want; and
- any other relevant information.
CMI Hino Adelaide may also keep records about:
- How we managed the complaint
- The outcome/s of the complaint (including whether it or any aspect of it was substantiated, any recommendations made to address problems identified and any decisions made on those recommendations), and
- Any outstanding actions that need to be followed up.
CMI Hino Adelaide will ensure that outcomes are properly implemented, monitored and reported to the complaint handling manager and/or senior management.
Analysis and evaluation of complaints
CMI Hino Adelaide will ensure that complaints are recorded in a systematic way so that information can be easily retrieved for reporting and analysis.
Monitoring of the complaint management process
CMI Hino Adelaide will continually monitor our complaint management process to:
- ensure its effectiveness in responding to and resolving complaints, and
- identify and correct deficiencies in the operation of the system.
- Monitoring may include the use of audits, complaint satisfaction surveys and online listening tools and alerts.
CMI Hino Adelaide are committed to improving the effectiveness and efficiency of our complaint management system. To this end, CMI Hino Adelaide will:
- support the making and appropriate resolution of complaints.
- implement best practices in complaint handling.
- recognise and reward exemplary complaint handling by staff.
- regularly review the complaints management system and complaint data, and;
- implement appropriate system changes arising out of our analysis of complaints data and continual monitoring of the system.